Further to my previous post: 8 years ago today, to the date, I posted this 👇 regarding my undergraduate dissertation (BA (Hons) Philosophy). So why do I need to keep repeating myself?
Updated 19th April 2025: NB: Clearly people have not understood this section below on mentorship. 🙄 So I'll explain it a bit further. Just as Sue and I are mutually in love with each other so we have a mutual mentorship model. Yes it's a thing. It's not unusual. And indeed any Professor of Leadership worth their salt will confirm that this model is a very good one and works splendidly. We use it and it works for us. We both have a lot to offer each other. In academia, there's what some male Professors call 'camps', other male researchers term 'factions'. These may be a group of people who adhere to a particular academic, or it may be an individual who adheres to one particular academic because that person can connect with that academic as a person and can identify with their Philosophy and so wish to advocate their philosophy as well as develop themselves along their lines. I am, and always have only been, since early 2010, an academic adherent of Pr...
Following on from my previous post, I know that my dissertation was put through turnitin by someone (I set up a turnitin account as we were asked to do) because I have an email receipt dated 6 June 2013 which clearly shows this is the case. It looks as though I put it through because turnitin thanks me in that auto-email. I didn't manage to upload it to Turnitin. But obviously somebody did, especially since there is a copy of my dissertation on Turnitin. It is technically possible for someone other than the student to upload students' work to turnitin, which turnitin expects to be the instructor ie. the tutor marking the work, not an administrator (such as the admin Team Leader, Robert Brown). Turnitin expects the uni's admin to check that the correct tutors are written down and verified. Indeed, I note that turnitin's info on their website states that it is part of universities' Acceptable Use Policy (and consequently their legal agreement with turnitin) that univ...
I have updated 3 previous posts. I may update a post more than once because it's more efficient.🙂 Latin. To recap: Prior to my Philosophy BA, I had already done a last year BA degree module in Latin as a stand-alone module which ended at the same time as my BA Philosophy started, except for the Latin exam, which overlapped with the first month of my Philosophy degree. So after completing that Latin course, I left that university 😪 and I didn't take the (Latin) exam 😪 because I'd be on 2 different degree courses simultaneously which you can't do 😪 and because I didn't want to start gaining credits in 2 different degrees and at 2 universities. Messy! I enjoyed the Latin degree module 👍 and was getting really high marks (1st class) for my assignments but at the time I was recovering from sports injuries so wasn't going to return to the tennis tour until the autumn at the earliest. 😪 So I decided to use the time to study at university. 👍 As I've already...
Comments
Post a Comment